This dessert secretly contains two ‘superfoods’. Gelatin (the high protein, gut-healing stuff) and probiotics (which you’ll find in the Healthy Life Blueberry Sorbet!). A perfect ‘make ahead’ dessert for your next dinner party. The panna cottas can be made the day before – to serve just top with the sorbet, syrup and coconut flakes.
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla powder)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
Blueberry syrup (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla powder)
- 1 cup Healthy Life Blueberry Sorbet
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1. Bloom the gelatin by adding it into a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and stirring until it becomes rubbery. Set aside.
- 2. Add the almond milk, coconut milk, rice malt syrup and vanilla to a small saucepan over low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until warmed through completely. Remove from the heat and stir through the gelatin until dissolved. Pour mixture between 4 ramekins, glasses or 4 holes in a muffin tray. Drop the blueberries into the moulds and place into the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, if you’re making the Blueberry Syrup, rinse out the small saucepan used to make the panna cottas. Add in the blueberries, water and vanilla. Place back over low-medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, mashing and stirring, until you create a thick syrup. Set aside for serving.
- 4.Once set, remove panna cottas from the fridge. Dollop over the Healthy Life Blueberry Sorbet, spoon over the Blueberry Syrup and sprinkle over the coconut flakes to serve.